Often after feeding everyone else in the family breakfast or after packing them all lunches we moms look around the kitchen thinking, "now what's left for me?" In this blog we will document the sometimes delicious, sometimes weird, sometimes nutritous, sometimes not so much things we have come up with to serve as our morning and mid-day meals.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Guacamole just for me

This is one of my favorite lunches and I will buy the ingredients just to make it for myself.
Tortilla Chips with guacamole and if I have a Pepsi, even better.
If I don't have Pepsi on hand I drink ice water with lemon in it.


Here's how I make my guacamole.  I use one an avocado, fresh lemon or lime juice, fresh garlic (grated), cilantro, Coarse salt and pepper.  That's it.  Sometimes I will add chopped onion or tomato but this time I didn't want to mess with that.
 I usually would smash these ingredients together with a fork or potato masher but I recently bought my first hand mixer.  Boy does that make the job easier.  I didn't even have to grate up the garlic, I  just sliced it.

 Okay, there you go, my favorite lunch.  I don't often make it but when avocado is on sale for a dollar you can bet I'm getting a few.  This was last week.

This week I am once again scrounging for a decent lunch.  Yesterday I had a nice baby shower brunch in the morning so lunch was not necessary.  I love it when that happens.  Today I finally sat down to eat something at 11:00.  Here's what I had along with a clementine.
My second cup of coffee, eggs, bacon, and toast.
I don't like eggs so when I made them for supper earlier this week I made mine separate.  I can eat them if they have enough stuff in them.  I made mine with spinach, onion, tomato, cottage cheese, and mozzarella.  Today I ate my leftover scrambled eggs (the rest of the family wouldn't touch them).  Some leftover bacon, and the end of a loaf of homemade sourdough, toasted.  That's why the one piece is tiny.  Hopefully eating this later in the morning will get me through until dinner time with just a small snack along the way.  Tonight we are having tacos and I just might make brownies as well.
Kellly

No comments:

Post a Comment