Often after feeding everyone else in the family breakfast or after packing them all lunches we moms look around the kitchen thinking, "now what's left for me?" In this blog we will document the sometimes delicious, sometimes weird, sometimes nutritous, sometimes not so much things we have come up with to serve as our morning and mid-day meals.

Monday, October 24, 2011

A new day

This week my Mother In Law is visiting.  It doesn't feel right doing the same old scrounge for lunch.  Today as I tried to whip up something that looked like lunch I decided to throw together sweet potato fries.  I sliced one sweet potato into thin slivers, smaller than I would with a regular potato when cooking it the same way.  I let them soak a few minutes in warm water to get the starch rinsed off.  I dried them and coated them with canola oil.  I also oiled a baking sheet and then sprinkled salt and pepper on it.  I laid out the slivers in a single layer on the pan and put them in a 400 degree oven.  I turned them several times baking them about 20 min.  They turned out great.  I must do this for the family for dinner, or maybe save it for a vitamin packed lunch item for myself...he he.

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment