Often after feeding everyone else in the family breakfast or after packing them all lunches we moms look around the kitchen thinking, "now what's left for me?" In this blog we will document the sometimes delicious, sometimes weird, sometimes nutritous, sometimes not so much things we have come up with to serve as our morning and mid-day meals.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Waffle sandwich

I am picky about breakfast.  I like it to include protein if possible.  I can't always do a lot of sweet although I do like to have a doughnut for breakfast if available.  Okay, I'm weird.  I like a "good" breakfast and don't do cereal.  One of my favorite things for Saturday morning is to eat cold pizza with my hot coffee.  I like to order pizza on Friday night for convenience but also so I have breakfast ready.

I will at times toast two waffles and sandwich ham and cheese between them.  I warm it slightly in the microwave so the ham is not cold and the cheese is soft.  It is a one hand, portable breakfast which works great for a stay-at-home mom with a 3 year old. It also goes well with my coffee and cream.

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment